Urgent care centers provide a fast and convenient way to maintain strong overall health. These facilities provide common services such as flu shots, vaccinations, and routine checkups to ensure your health remains on the right track. But sometimes it can be hard to determine when you should visit an urgent care facility.
It may help to understand some of the most common treatments provided at urgent care centers. Knowing how to best use urgent care facilities may provide the necessary perspective about when you should schedule an urgent care appointment.
Mild injuries and physical ailments are treated in high volumes at urgent care facilities
Urgent care centers can be great facilities to treat mild injuries because they can offer care daily at convenient hours during the week. Injuries that are commonly treated at urgent care facilities include:
- Fractures or sprains that require an x-ray or imaging service to diagnose. Urgent care centers provide these imaging services at low costs to identify if you need specialist care or a milder form of treatment.
- Cuts, scrapes, and bruises from physical injury. Minor injuries can be treated in an urgent care setting at either a low out-of-pocket cost or through private insurance, Medicaid, and Medicare. Other types of injuries treated at urgent care centers include minor burns, neck and back injuries, sports-related injuries, and occupational injuries.
Illnesses and diseases commonly treated at urgent care centers
An urgent care center is also a great resource for immediate relief from illnesses such as the flu and similar infections. A complete list of illnesses and symptoms usually treated within urgent care centers include the following:
- Fever, Sore Throat, and other Respiratory Infections
- Nausea, vomiting, and dizziness
Urgent care centers provide preventive care services such as screenings, vaccinations, and STD tests
Preventive care services like screenings and vaccinations are commonly provided at urgent care centers around the country. Before going to a primary care provider, specialist, or hospital, you may be able to schedule a more cost-effective and quicker visit for your needs at an urgent care center.
Urgent care centers provide many preventive care services including:
- Flu shots
- Pediatric and adult vaccinations
- Travel vaccinations
- STD Testing
- Diabetes screenings
- Biometric screenings for high blood pressure and cholesterol
- Geriatric exams.
If you require treatment or services for any medical situations listed above, make sure you contact your nearest Instant Urgent Care center and schedule an appointment today.
Speak with a representative to address any questions about your healthcare needs and how urgent care is convenient for you!