What are STDs?
Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) are diseases that are primarily spread through sexual intercourse, but can also be spread through other forms of transmission.
STDs in 2019 are steadily increasing across the United States, according to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). Since 2016, the number of cases for multiple STDs have risen dramatically. Among these STDs includes:
- 88,042 new cases of syphilis
- 1.5 million new cases of chlamydia
- 468,000 new cases of gonorrhea
STDs vary based on their viral and healthcare importance as well. STDs to be mindful of includes HIV/AIDs, gonorrhea, chlamydia, syphilis, Hepatitis (A and B), Herpes, Human Papillomavirus HPV), and many others.
The reason for the current spike in STDs across the US includes lower public awareness, preventive behaviors, and testing/screening rates among sexually active adults.
How do you prevent and treat STDs?
Thankfully, treating and preventing STDs are a fairly straightforward process for most patients. But managing any STDs, or the potential risk of an STD, requires self-care behaviors from patients.
A couple of ways that patients can prevent and treat their STDs includes:
- Getting an STD test or screening after any sexual activity. Additionally, patients should get updated screenings as they increase sexual activity or have multiple partners.
- Preventing STDs by using condoms and other preventive methods to reduce STDs. Additionally, patients should review their sexual history and their partner’s before engaging in intercourse.
- Finding treatment and screening at a local walk-in clinic or urgent care center. Many walk-in clinics provide low-cost screenings and treatment options for patients.
Where can you get STD screenings and treatment in San Ramon, CA?
Patients located in San Ramon, CA thankfully don’t have to look far for a private and discrete testing facility: they can come into Instant Urgent Care in San Ramon for their immediate STD treatment needs.
At Instant Urgent Care, patients can visit us at 2435 San Ramon Valley Blvd Suite 1A in San Ramon whenever they need a same-day STD screening. Every patient that visits our clinic gets fast, high-quality, and comprehensive STD medical care to address their unique needs.
In addition, Instant Urgent Care accepts a variety of insurances and offers affordable rates to make STD testing accessible for most patients. Any interested patients should call us directly at (925) 905-9912 or use the buttons on the side to get an available appointment.
Every patient deserves sensitive, high-quality, and affordable STD testing/treatment when possible. At Instant Urgent Care, we strive to do just that.